Referrals are the lifeblood of new business and organic growth. But can it ever be too much of a good thing? Absolutely.
In fact, referrals can quickly become a curse if you’re not careful. You can drown in a sea of less-than-ideal referees while believing that you’re building your business. Too many people are unaware of that disconnect. It’s truly quality over quantity.
In this episode, Matt Halloran is joined by his business partner and ProudMouth co-founder, Kirk Lowe, to discuss the right and wrong way to generate and use referrals in your advisory practice. They break down the difference between coming from a place of value versus a place of selling, and demonstrate the significance of building and sharing your influence, which creates an environment that allows your system to thrive.
Matt & Kirk discuss:
- What exactly is influence?
- How the quality of your referrals has just as much to do with the environment as it does the system you’ve created
- Why too many skeptics and too few fans can destroy a business
- Robert Cialdini’s seven principles of influence, and how they relate to growth
- The 4 As as the outcomes of influence and the foundation for a winning environment